A visit to the National Sports Museum is a popular choice for students and teachers. There is plenty to see and do when your group visits the MCG.
Your group can take part in an MCG Tour, which is guided by a Melbourne Cricket Club member. This one-hour tour takes your students to the following areas around our great stadium:
• MCC Members Reserve
• MCG Tapestry
• Members Terrace – with views of Melbourne's skyline
• Level 4 of the Ponsford Stand
• Players' change rooms (subject to availability)
• Cricket viewing room (subject to availability)
• The Long Room
• Cricket Victoria Bill Lawry Centre
• MCC Library
• Media facilities (subject to availability)
• A walk on the arena (subject to availability).
Another part of your MCG experience is a visit to the National Sports Museum, located inside Gate 3.
Your students can marvel at the following museum exhibits that include more than 3000 objects:
• The People's Ground (MCG)
• Faster, Higher, Stronger (Olympics)
• Spirit of Sport (Sport Australia Hall of Fame)
• Backyard to Baggy Green (Cricket)
• MCC Museum (Melbourne Cricket Club)
• Australia's Game (Australian Football)
Also included within the National Sports Museum is the Game On interactive Gallery and the holograms of Shane Warne and James Hird.
There are Learning Resources online that can assist with the planning of your visit.
The Museum recognise the vital role of teachers within the delivery of educational programmes and our community at large.
So, to encourage teachers to visit the museum and personally experience and plan for the exploration of Australian values through sport, teachers receive a complimentary tour and/or entry to the National Sports Museum upon presentation of their current VIT card.