Industry World runs tours for both primary (over 10yrs) and secondary students. Schools are able to do a Steel tour, a Port tour or both. A huge range of curriculum outline documents, teachers notes excursion workbooks plus worksheets are available, downloadable on-line.
Just some of the subject focuses include:
- Global connections stage 3
- Australian Resources - Iron Steel plus the Environmental Science stage 4/5
- The Copper Industry - Science stage 6
- HSC Geography case study - People and Economic activity
- The Local Steel Industry case study - The Port Kembla Steel Works
Facilities include a 60 seat Theatrette, an exhibition room seating 100, disabled access, coach parking and parklands suitable for meal breaks.