Away We Go Tours can take the stress out of planning excursions in advance. We are in a position to manage your schools advanced bookings in the most effective way to ensure your excursion bookings are covered for future years.
If you are planning an excursion within the next three years, especially to Canberra or Bathurst, NOW is the time to book your accommodation.
This advanced booking trend requires a different outlook and advance management plan by School Principals and their executives.
Prepare yourself – do your research
We have spent lots of time building our destination pages so that they have maximum value for teachers looking to plan their next excursion. You will find all the information you need. Have a look at your preferred destination page along with its accommodation and attraction pages on our website. Know your excursion focus and your ‘curriculum linked wish list’. Can you answer these questions?
- When is the best time for your school to travel?
- How many students do you think you may have?
- Have you considered how many days/nights you would like your excursion to be?
- What is the focus of your excursion?
All of these details will help us in preparing an accurate itinerary and costing for you. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting our friendly team, otherwise Request your next quote here.
If you don’t know, ask!
If you are unsure about anything, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our friendly team are always here to listen to your excursion requirements and offer suggestions.
Once you are booked with Away We Go Tours, you can utilise our ‘Back Office’ where you will find lots of valuable information regarding your attractions, accommodations, risk assessments and lots more!
Ideas for promoting and fundraising your excursion within your school community
We understand the value and importance of a high student attendance rate for excursions. In order to achieve this, there are a few things a school or teacher can do!
The first important step to take is be prepared.
If you haven’t already done so, lodge an enquiry through our website and take the first step to planning your excursion. Our experienced Enquiry Coordinators will tailor a quote specific to your schools needs. We aim to have all quotes returned within 48 hours.
Make sure your principal approves your excursion and put the dates straight into your school calendar.
Having strong knowledge about your excursion is going to be beneficial when approaching your principal, creating letters to parents and getting your students pumped about the upcoming excursion!
Below are some great ideas that can assist you in getting your excursion off the ground!
- Discuss the excursion itinerary with staff and at P&C meetings.
- Write and distribute a letter to parents outlining the excursion benefits (ie outcomes), the type of activities, cost, fundraising opportunities etc.
- Start fundraising activities to support the excursion (students individual fundraising or group fundraising)
- Organise a payment plan scheme so that families can pay weekly or monthly amounts towards their child’s excursion
- Display photographs or video footage of previous years’ excursions.
- Encourage students and parents to access our website www.awaywegotours.com.au and use the many links and resources.
- Make a classroom display of any promotional material (eg brochures etc) that we send to you.